I am such a novice when it comes to face base, I never really knew what I was doing when I was younger, and throughout my late teens and early twenties I just used a tinted moisturiser. Then I swapped to BB Creams and although I'm still a fan of them, I was looking for a bit more coverage. So I purchased my first high end foundation - Jemma Kidd Light as Air (reviewed here). I liked it, but for £25 for a half empty tube I didn't think it was fantastic so won't repurchase it.
I have used Bourjois Healthy Mix before when I was younger and did like it, and I know it's raved over, but whilst perusing Bourjois on my recent drugstore visit, I decided to go for the newer 123 Perfect Foundation, with its promise of 'a rested yet radiant complexion and a flawless, even result for up to 16hrs', with 24 hour hydration and SPF10. (Bourjois website).
Unblended on right, lightly blended on left.
- I picked shade No52 Vanilla and it blends perfectly with my skintone.
- It is easy to apply and blend, I use my Sigma stippling brush for the best affect.
- It did even out my skin tone as I have discolouration on my cheeks, and it covered my pores well.
- I didn't feel I needed a powder after this, and I have combination skin, but I always apply bronzer anyways. You could probably go without.
- It definitely was long lasting, although probably not 16 hours (I always use a primer anyways)
- Bourjois is cruelty free.
- It's a liiiiittle runny but that doesn't bother me too much.
- I'm not sure it was effective at covering my dark undereye circles, I still could definitely not go out without my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer on top.
Here it is on my face with no other makeup (ugh):
So it's done ok with my discolouration and pores, still got a wrinkly forehead and dark circles tho!
On the whole, I like it and would recommend it. What do you think? Have you tried this foundation? Should I have stuck with Healthy Mix?Let me know!